Wednesday, June 5, 2013

It starts with the senses

So welcome to a different kind of journey.  This journey is all about food, wine and the simple pleasures of spending time with old friends and new around the kitchens of life.  I was blessed to grow up in a family that loves food and everything that goes with it.  My father was a farmer, as was his father and his father before him.  And growing up on the land, in a time and place when and where I did, everything was prepared by my mother's hands or those of my Aunts, Grandma, and from time to time, the men in the family.  The food that came to our table was, as a general rule, even grown and produced on the land on which I thrived.  So I have always loved being in kitchens, markets, vegetable gardens etc and have been blessed to have travelled the world.  Those travels have enabled me to explore, taste and experiment with flavours from all over.  So on this journey, I would simply love for you to join me in my 'kitchen' and allow your senses to enjoy exploring everything that comes with that!